Enjoy a unique blend of Rooibos and Chai
In this Rooibos Chai, we have blended together two of the most wonderful flavours in one tea. It has the natural sweetness of South African Rooibos and the authentic Chai spices from India. It’s a wonderful combination of sweet and spicy that brews a lovely red colour. The warmth and goodness of the spices gives it that little bit of a kick that makes this a favourite for many people. It’s caffeine free as well.
What’s in the Ruby Red Rooibos Chai
In this tea we have brought together:
- South African Red Rooibos from the Cederberg region. It brews a sweet red tea and is caffeine free.
- Ginger root (dried pieces) from India. Ginger is known for its health benefits and creates a lot of warmth in the tea’s flavor.
- Indian cardamom for the freshness that any good Chai should have.
- Cinnamon from India. This complements the natural sweetness of the Rooibos.
- Black and white pepper: These two peppers in just the right amount enhance the spiciness of the Chai.
- Clove and Nutmeg are the last two ingredients that are also classic Malabar spices that are staples of a quality Chai tea.
- All the Indian spices are from the Kerala region in South India, which is known for the love of all things spicy from food to teas.
How to brew the Rooibos Chai tea
Our favourite cup to brew it in, is one with a lid that will keep the tea hot while it steeps, such as the KASSEL. Enjoy it hot, and drink it as a night time tea as it has no caffeine. It is rich in flavour and has some natural sweetness. We have stayed very classical with the blend of Chai spices in this tea, to keep the flavour combination a balanced one. Adding a touch of honey to round off the infusion makes this loose leaf tea a blend to relish.
Hot tea brewing instruction
- 1 teaspoon of tea | 12 oz. (350 ml) of water
- Steep for 4-6 minutes | 95° C/ 200° F (water just off boil)
GROSCHE Safe Water Project
With the purchase of any product, GROSCHE funds 50+ days of safe drinking water for people in need. We do it through the GROSCHE Safe Water Project. GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and certified B Corp on a mission to make the world a better place. In the case of teas, every 100 grams of loose tea sold funds 50+ days of safe drinking water for those in need.