King Pu erh tea
Our 1+ year vintage Pu’erh tea is derived from the Dayeh variety tree, which is closely related to the original tea tree of pre-glacial times. The tea leaves are picked, rolled, withered in the sun, and later steamed and pressed into tea cakes. It is then stored away and fermented for a given amount of time, which over its course will produce an earthy rustic character. Pu’erh is famous in the world of Chinese Herbal medicine for its many health benefits, mainly concerning the digestive system and the cardiovascular system. It is consumed widely for these abilities, but also for its unique and original flavours; permeating the tea drinker with a nostalgic feeling of a bond to their roots, to nature, and to the earth.
Pu erh tea benefits
- Studies reveal that Pu’erh can lower bad cholesterol (LDL), and increase good cholesterol (HDL). According to studies by Kunming Medical College, Pu’erh can lower cholesterol by 17% and triglycerides by 22% when consumed regularly.
- In traditional Chinese herbal medicine, Pu’erh is considered to open up the body’s meridians, warm and care for the spleen and stomach, and can be beneficial for blood cleansing and digestion.
- Pu’erh can assist with weight loss according to studies. So it is said that consuming a cup one hour after meals suppresses fatty acid synthesis which can block the body from producing more fat.
Pu erh tea Features:
- The micro-organisms and unique simple sugars produced from Pu’erh’s fermentation process are shown to attack toxins in the blood and remove them from the body.
- Also the healthy bacterial flora found in Pu’erh is beneficial to the stomach and intestines which aids in the proper digestion of foods. That’s why it is ideal to consume Pu’erh after meals.
- Pu’erh contains micro-organisms and the phytochemicals GABA and Theanine which are shown to reduce stress levels and increase the production of natural Melatonin in the brain. So this lowers stress, moodiness, and improves sleep.
- Pu’erh contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which help prevent illness. And it has a higher concentration than most other teas due to its unique fermentation process.
How to steep Pu’erh tea:
Hot Pu erh tea recipe:
- First add 1 teaspoon of loose puerh to 12 oz. (350 ml) hot water
- Then steep it for 3-4 minutes at 100 C/ 212 F
Cold Puerh Tea recipe
- Add 1 teaspoon of loose aged tea leaves to 9 oz. (263 ml) of hot water
- Then steep if for 3-4 minutes at 100 C/ 212 F to make the tea concentrate
- Once your tea is steeped, pour it over ice in a pitcher to enjoy cold.
GROSCHE Safe Water Project
GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a certified B Corp on a mission to do good in the world. For every product sold, GROSCHE creates 50+ days of safe drinking water for someone in need. This is done through the GROSCHE Safe Water project.